As you surf through the Internet for content marketing tips, strategies, and case studies, you may find plenty of examples of what works. But, unfortunately, not all of those examples resonate in a “boring” industry. So the questions you may have is: What do you do if you want to make your content exciting in an otherwise boring industry?
Andra Zaharia faced that kind of challenge as she wrote articles in the cybersecurity industry as a senior freelance content marketer. In fact, her article on ransomware ranked number three in the Google search engine resulting in a traffic spike of 800% after the first global ransomware outbreak, WannaCry.
In episode 75, you’ll learn:
- What are the habits of high-performing marketers?
- Why do content marketers need to act more like translators?
- How to use emotions and storytelling to write a compelling article even in a boring industry?
Tweet Some Quotes from This EpisodeStudy human nature – understand yourself and your customers. – @andrazaharia from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇 Click To Tweet If you're in a boring industry, remember that it all boils down to human psychology. Use storytelling and emotional triggers to write compelling content. – @andrazaharia from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet Don't rush things. Take the time to just learn now and create your own stuff – blogs, podcasts, videos. – @andrazaharia from the @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode, RankScience. RankScience is the easiest way to grow organic traffic and get your content ranking higher in Google.
Their AI-powered platform gives your content team superpowers and helps you get more value out of the content you’re already creating.
RankScience uses real-time search data and Natural Language Processing to help you craft content that is highly relevant to searcher intent and maps directly to what users are searching for. This allows you to optimize past blog posts and plan out and create new ones, giving you a step by step plan for easy success.
For customers with lots of landing pages, you can leverage RankScience’s SEO A/B testing platform to easily test which HTML changes cause an uplift in search traffic.
As an added bonus, their platform also allows marketers to make SEO enhancements to websites without eating up precious engineering resources.
RankScience is used by hundreds of companies to grow organic traffic, from startups to publicly traded companies. Including customers like Buildzoom, Goldbelly, Suiteness, and CareerKarma.
Sign up for a free risk-free 30-day trial at https://rankscience.com/growthtoday
My Takeaways from This Episode
- If you’re in a boring industry, remember that it all boils down to human psychology. Use storytelling and emotional triggers to write compelling content.
- As content marketers, our role is to translate features and benefits to things that people really care about. Speak to their needs in a way that’s helpful.
- Take care of yourself so you don’t get burnt out. As high-performing marketers and founders, it’s so easy to get addicted to working that we stop taking care of ourselves. In 2020, I made it a goal to pick up new hobbies like chess and Rubik’s cube.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to me and my guests. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more..
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargas from Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti from Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Jason Ng from the United States
- Anwar from Canada
- Altagracia Diaz from Canada
Thank you! 🎉
About Andra Zaharia
Andra Zaharia is a freelance content marketer based in Bucharest, Romania. To her, the most fascinating things happen when technology and human nature intertwine, which is why Andra chose to build her professional path in marketing for tech products. She builds experiences and publishes long-form articles. Andra is also a huge book nerd and an even bigger cat lover. You can check out Andra Zaharia’s website for more information about her work.
- 5:49 – Andra’s career journey
- 23:06 – Habits of a high-performing marketer
- 15:34 – What does it mean for content marketers to be translators
- 36:58 – Why are curiosity and storytelling so important in writing good articles?
- 48:22 – Andra’s one piece of advice to content marketers
- 50:57 – Where can people find out more about Andra’s work online?
- Andra Zaharia’s Website
- Andra’s Twitter
- Andra’s LinkedIn
- Books Andra recommends:
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.