When they redesigned FullStory’s onboarding process, Melanie Crissey, Product Marketing Manager at FullStory, scored some definite wins. However, her team also made a few mistakes along the way. In this episode, Melanie shares the six onboarding mistakes they made so you can avoid them!
In episode 94, you’ll learn:
- How product-led growth can help traditional sales teams grow the company
- How you can avoid your user onboarding from becoming over-bloated
- The 6 onboarding mistakes you should avoid and how to address them
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode, Superside.
As marketers, getting on-brand design and creative exactly when your team needs it can be painful.
It’s hard to deliver on the seemingly endless number of requests that come in from teams across your company – and prioritizing those tasks can feel impossible.
Instead of spending your time and resources on strategic projects that can positively impact the business, you find yourself mired in production-level tasks.
Your agency may be failing you with skyrocketing costs and late turnarounds while finding and managing freelancers is no longer a realistic option – there are just too many variables to manage, from sourcing to schedules, fees to the overall quality of the delivered designs.
Don’t sweat it. Just Superside it.
With Superside.com, you get a dedicated design team that understands your goals and gets trained on your brand guidelines, for the fraction of hiring a full-time designer.
Your Superside design team acts as an extension of your organization, helping you to service requests at volume and deliver on your company’s design and creative needs in a scalable, efficient way
They’ll confidently jump in at a moment’s notice to produce the on-brand work you need when you need it
Create an account and get started, or better yet, book a demo to see it in action at Superside.com.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to my guests and me. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more…
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit, and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode, so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from the UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargas from Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti from Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Jason Ng from the United States
- Anwar from Canada
- Altagracia Diaz from Canada
Thank you! 🎉
About Melanie Crissey
Melanie Crissey is a product marketer and customer experience leader. FullStory’s digital experience platform enables businesses to continuously improve their digital customer experience across sites and apps. The platform proactively surfaces actionable insights from billions of data points, helping product teams make digital improvements that reduce costs and reclaim revenue.
Key Discussion Points
- [01:57] What FullStory is and what it’s all about
- [03:14] Her role and responsibilities at FullStory
- [04:27] What FullStory is focusing on right now
- [06:51] How having a conversation can help improve the user experience
- [08:42] How product-led growth can help traditional sales teams grow the company
- [11:57] What onboarding looked like in 2017
- [14:21] Her thoughts on activation emails
- [17:50] How she was able to prevent onboarding from becoming over bloated
- [19:06] How the sales team qualifies the people they’ll call
- [20:30] The 6 onboarding mistakes product-led businesses should avoid and how to address them
- [25:35] Things she’s excited to experiment with that’s related to user onboarding
- [28:20] Her advice for those who are in charge of user onboarding
- [29:35] Where people can find her
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.