Gaetano DiNardi, Director of Demand Generation at Nextiva, has figured out a way to build a following and get hundreds and thousands of impressions on his posts. In this episode, Gaetano discusses the 5 types of content that have a higher chance of going viral on Linkedin, the best way to structure your LinkedIn post, and how to turn the viral content into inbound leads.
In other news, in the spirit of transparency and openness, I’m going to start publishing my monthly podcast metrics here. In May 2019, this podcast got over 2,766 downloads, 4,955 audiogram video views and $2,100 income earned. Check out the full breakdown and reflection here.
Support this podcast by tweeting out some quotes from this episode 👇
Tweet Some Quotes from This EpisodeLinkedIn is about staying top-of-mind and building credibility. – @gaetano_nyc from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇 Click To Tweet Because LinkedIn is a cesspool of people trying to sell shit, when you do things that are funny and relatable, it's a good recipe for virality – a quote by @gaetano_nyc from the @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode… Click To Tweet It's so easy now to be authentic because everyone else is so fake. All you have to do is look at what everyone is doing, and do the opposite. - a quote by @gaetano_nyc in the latest @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode… Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- The 5 types of content that have a higher chance of going viral on Linkedin.
- The best way to structure your LinkedIn post
- How to turn the viral content into inbound leads
My Takeaways from This Episode
- Don’t be vanilla. Sorry for all the vanilla-flavor loving folks out there. You can’t be memorable and stay top-of-mind if you’re vanilla. Gaetano mentioned that the best way to make an impression and go viral on LinkedIn is topics that could be controversial, emotional, and stirs the pot.
- Give a fresh perspective on problems or questions in your industry. One of the things Gaetano did was ask the sales director at Nextiva for some of the absurd sales pitches he’s gotten over email. Then he went out and used that line to random strangers in the mall to show how absurd those lines. He gave a fresh perspective on a problem in the sales industry.
- Use video if you can. This is something I’ve seen with this podcast. That’s why I use audiogram videos to build awareness. It’s because social media platforms are now prioritizing video over other types of content. So start thinking about a video strategy.
About Gaetano DiNardi
Gaetano’s career journey from music producer to Director of Demand Gen at Nextiva
The connection between musicians and marketers
How did one of his post went viral on LinkedIn
Gaetano’s recipe for virality
How to add humor in your post
How use video for social media posts
What is Nextiva
Where can people find Nextiva and Gaetano
What is Gaetano’s advice for early stage marketers
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.