In her latest book The Manifesto On Content Marketing Teams, Xenia Muntean, the co-founder and CEO of Planable, shares ideas on improving productivity within content marketing teams, making collaboration more inspiring, and presenting content ideas to clients with greater impact. Xenia is on a mission to build “the future of marketing teamwork.”
In episode 68, you’ll learn:
- Why marketing teams lack clarity, coordination, and efficiency and how to fix it
- The biggest mistake Xenia made when starting and scaling Planable
- How marketing teams can tie content and social media marketing to business results
If you enjoyed this podcast, you can support it in three ways:
- Tweeting a quote from this podcast below👇
- Joining the Growth Today Tribe for free
- Supporting me on Patreon for as little as $2 per episode
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode 42+ Agency.
I’ve known the founder of that agency for some time now – Kamil Rextin. Kamil and his team help B2B SaaS businesses:
- Streamline operations
- Implement new tech stack
- Design ABM & demand generation strategies
- Create a predictable revenue pipeline
They’ve worked with some amazing companies like Onfleet, Hubdoc, Guestlogix, Flexday and more.
Book a free road mapping session at https://fourtytwo.agency/gmt
My Takeaways from This Episode
- Determination is the greatest predictor of startup success. That’s a quote from Paul Graham, founder of Y Combinator. That’s one thing that Xenia learned at Draper University. Early on in a startup’s life, you’re going to be experimenting with so many things that might not work out.
- Don’t underprice yourself or your product. When Xenia launched Planable, she priced it low in hopes that people would pay for it. They really started to get traction when they raised their prices. It’s because price conveys the quality of your product or service. If you price low, people’s perception is that the quality will be low.
- Get your processes and workflows in place. I think all too often, we just want to get stuff done as quickly as possible. Yes, as marketers and founders, we should be bias to action. But, at the sametime, the sooner you can get processes and workflows in place, the quicker you can to outsourcing or automating tasks so you can focus on more important things
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to me and my guests. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more..
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargasfrom Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti form Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Anwar from Canada
Thank you! 🎉
About Xenia Muntean
Xenia Muntean is the CEO and co-founder of Planable.io. Planable helps brands and agencies better manage their social media content.
Xenia has been running Planable for about 3 years and has seen incredible growth in such a short time. They made their mark at the famous TechStars accelerator in London. They recently closed a seed round to help ramp up their growth, which we talk about in the episode.
Xenia was recently named in Forbes 30 under 30 for 2019, which is incredible. We’re also getting into a lot of other topics including, how Planable got their first handful of customers and some specific strategies they used, Xenia’s opening up some of her marketing playbooks and sharing what they’re doing currently to drive new business, she’s also sharing the customer count that Planable currently crossed, which is huge.
- 3:44 – The journey of how Xenia founded Planable.io
- 4:29 – Did owning a digital agency help Xenia create a new startup?
- 6:28 – Lessons from Draper University on failure
- 8:17 – How Xenia and the Planable team initially got their pricing wrong
- 13:04 – How did her new book The Manifesto on Content Marketing Teams come about?
- 14:45 – The three problems with marketing teams – lack of clarity, coordination, and efficiency
- 21:52 – Why it’s important to get your marketing processes and workflows in place?
- 23:55 – How can marketing teams get more clarity, coordination, and efficiency?
- 20:08 – How can brands and agencies work more efficiently together?
- 31:33 – How to align social media with business results
- 33:12 – Xenia’s advice to founders and marketers
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.