It’s so much easier to drive traffic to your website when you have a big budget at your disposal. What happens when you don’t have thousands of dollars to spend on Google or Facebook ads? In this episode, Nadya Khoja, Chief Growth Officer at Venngage, shares the 4-step content marketing framework, backlink strategy and promotional plan that increased Venngage’s monthly organic blog visits 0 to 400k monthly organic blog visits
In episode 56, you’ll learn:
- Nadya’s 4-step content marketing framework for driving massive organic traffic
- How to hack your influence
- How Nadya successfully pitched a co-marketing campaign with Hubspot when Venngage was still a young startup
If you enjoyed this podcast, you can support it in three ways:
- Tweeting a quote from this podcast below👇
- Joining the Growth Today Tribe for free
- Supporting me on Patreon for as little as $2 per episode
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Tweet Some Quotes from This EpisodeIf I have fun writing something, chances are somebody else will have fun reading it. – @NadyaKhoja from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇 Click To Tweet Instead of trying to kill two birds with one stone, why don't you kill ten? What is the most impactful thing you can do with one single effort? - @NadyaKhoja from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet As a marketer, you're kind of like a sales manager because getting that link is like closing a deal. – @attackofthetext from the @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet
My Takeaways from This Episode
- If you have fun writing something, chances are somebody else will have fun reading it. Some of Nadya’s blog posts are just creative and funny to read. She called her 4-step content marketing framework GRAP, which is like Grape without the E, or better yet, wine before it has matured. She compared writing great content to the Blueberry Enjoyment Probability Chart. So if you think you’re writing something that’s boring, other’s will probably find it boring. Don’t be boring.
- Instead of trying to kill two birds with one stone, why don’t you kill ten? What is the most impactful thing you can do with one single effort? I love this. I believe that heart of growth marketing is this. You have a finite number of actions you can take to achieve your goals. What you want to do is prioritize those actions to maximize impact for the least effort.
- Really understand what the other person wants and what their goals are. This advice right here can get you far in your career and in life. If you understand what is it your target audience really want and what motivates them, then you’re more likely to achieve what you’re trying to achieve, whether that’s getting a trial user to become a paying user or pitching a co-marketing campaign or requesting a raise at work.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to me and my guests. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more..
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreon – Jamie from Las Vegas, Veronika from London, UK, and Fabricio from Brazil 🎉
About Nadya Khoja
Nadya Khoja is the Chief Growth Officer at Venngage, an online infographic maker and design tool. With an undergraduate degree in Devised Theatre and a Master’s in Digital Media, she is passionate about using a data-driven approach to producing captivating and compelling narratives. Nadya has been featured in Entrepreneur, The Huffington Post, The Next Web, Forbes, Marketing Profs, Social Media Examiner and a few others.
She is also currently working on running Drunk Entrepreneurs, a web-series where she invites successful entrepreneurs over for drinks and interviews them.
An overview of Nadya’s career from a graduate of a Master’s in Digital Media to becoming Chief Growth Officer at Venngage
How the marketing team at Venngage is structured
The content revision strategy that resulted in 300% increase in conversion from organic traffic
The 4-step content marketing framework for driving massive organic traffic
Nadya’s content promotion plan
Nadya’s backlink strategy
How did Nadya successfully pitched a co-marketing campaign with Hubspot when Venngage was still a young startup
How to hack your influence according to Nadya
How Venngage’s marketing team approach conversion
What is Venngage’s north star metric
What are other things the Venngage team is measuring
With all the updates from Google, where does Nadya see content marketing going in 2020 and beyond
Nadya’s one advice to any marketers who want to become a CMO one day
How did Juliana get the job at Clearbanc
Juliana’s experience meeting the famous founders of Clearbanc
Juliana’s game plan for her first 30 to 90 days as the head of marketing at a company
Juliana’s one piece of advice to marketers who want to become the director or head of marketing one day
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.