The difference between hosting a memorable, worthwhile marketing conference and an expensive waste of time lies in the planning. It might seem tiresome and overly picky to think through every contingency before an event, but in nailing down questions in advance, you ensure that your event runs smoothly. In this episode, Amrita Gurney, VP of Marketing at CrowdRiff, shares how she and her team planned, organized, and hosted their first successful conference at CrowdRiff, SEE2019.
In episode 77, you’ll learn:
- How to run a marketing conference to boost customer engagement
- The success metrics and goals for running conferences
- The importance of diversity and inclusion in high-growth startups
Tweet Some Quotes from This Episode
”[Running Click To Tweet was a great way for our team and our customers to have a lot of face to face interaction – @amritagurney from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇” username=”ramlijohn”]You will probably never feel ready. Just go and do it. – @amritagurney from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet It's not enough to just do the work, you have to share your work too. – @amritagurney from the @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode, RankScience. RankScience is the easiest way to grow organic traffic and get your content ranking higher in Google.
Their AI-powered platform gives your content team superpowers and helps you get more value out of the content you’re already creating.
RankScience uses real-time search data and Natural Language Processing to help you craft content that is highly relevant to searcher intent and maps directly to what users are searching for. This allows you to optimize past blog posts and plan out and create new ones, giving you a step by step plan for easy success.
For customers with lots of landing pages, you can leverage RankScience’s SEO A/B testing platform to easily test which HTML changes cause an uplift in search traffic.
As an added bonus, their platform also allows marketers to make SEO enhancements to websites without eating up precious engineering resources.
RankScience is used by hundreds of companies to grow organic traffic, from startups to publicly traded companies. Including customers like Buildzoom, Goldbelly, Suiteness, and CareerKarma.
Sign up for a free risk-free 30-day trial at https://rankscience.com/growthtoday
My Takeaways from This Episode
- Video is a trend that’s not going away. Whether it’s Instagram stories, LinkedIn, or email, visuals are often what gets people to stop and notice you. Make sure that you’re looking at the way people communicate and that you’re communicating in that way as well.
- Use your story to create a competitive advantage. Features are easy to copy. But, it’s hard to copy content, creativity, story, and brand. Your brand can become a competitive advantage. No one has the same story as yours, so make sure to leverage that in your content.
- You can run an in-person event for a B2B company with 50 to 100 customers. I always thought that you need a lot of people to launch a successful in-person event. But it really depends on your goals. For Amrita, it was to get customers together and meet them face-to-face.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to me and my guests. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more..
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargas from Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti from Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Jason Ng from United States
- Anwar from Canada
- Altagracia Diaz from Canada
Thank you! 🎉
About Amrita Gurney
Amrita Gurney is the VP of Marketing at CrowdRiff, where she leads the team responsible for demand generation, customer marketing, design, and product marketing.
CrowdRiff’s visual marketing platform is loved by over 700 tourism brands around the world. Marketing teams use CrowdRiff to discover, organize, acquire rights and publish the most engaging visual content across every channel, at scale.
- 7:54 – The importance of face-to-face interaction for employees and customers
- 13:15 – How to organize a successful conference
- 18:58 – The importance of diversity and inclusion in high-growth startups
- 24:58 – CrowdRiff’s plans for 2020
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.