How can a simple technical SEO fix increase organic traffic by 70% and the number of pages that rank in Google’s top 10 and top 100 results by 100%? In this episode, Geoff Atkinson, founder of Huckabuy (a performance-based software for the organic search channel), breaks down the topic of structured data markup, covering what it is, why it matters, how it works, how to implement it, and more. Geoff’s company Huckabuy works with companies large and small to implement structured data markup on their websites, and he has seen incredible before-and-after results.
In episode 87, you’ll learn:
- What is structured data?
- Why is structured data important for SEO?
- How can your company get started with structured data?
Tweet Some Quotes from This EpisodeWe find the best combination is having an internal SEO resource or resources that really knows the company knows how to write. – @geoffatkinson from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇 Click To Tweet Organic search is one of the most reliable channel and most scalable. You can max out your PPC spend. With SEO, it can scale and scale. – @geoffatkinson from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode, Superside.
As marketers, getting on-brand design and creative exactly when your team needs it can be painful.
It’s hard to deliver on the seemingly endless number of requests that come in from teams across your company – and prioritizing those tasks can feel impossible.
Instead of spending your time and resources on strategic projects that can positively impact the business, you find yourself mired in production-level tasks.
Your agency may be failing you with skyrocketing costs and late turnarounds while finding and managing freelancers is no longer a realistic option – there are just too many variables to manage, from sourcing to schedules, fees to the overall quality of the delivered designs.
Don’t sweat it. Just Superside it.
With Superside.com, you get a dedicated design team that understands your goals and gets trained on your brand guidelines, for the fraction of hiring a full-time designer.
Your Superside design team acts as an extension of your organization, helping you to service requests at volume and deliver on your company’s design and creative needs in a scalable, efficient way
They’ll confidently jump in at a moment’s notice to produce the on-brand work you need when you need it
Create an account and get started, or better yet, book a demo to see it in action at Superside.com.
My Takeaways from This Episode
- Organic search is one of the most reliable channel and most scalable. You can max out your PPC spend. With SEO, it can scale and scale
- Have an internal SEO resource or resources that really knows the company knows how to write. Internal resources can write better content than external resources because they just inherently know the company better. Someone that knows the sort of architecture and content strategy.
- Structured data markup helps the Google bot read your content easier. They also use this data in their actual search results. Look into implementing it for your company’s website.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to my guests and me. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more…
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit, and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode, so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from the UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargas from Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti from Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Jason Ng from the United States
- Anwar from Canada
- Altagracia Diaz from Canada
Thank you! 🎉
About Geoff Atkinson
Geoff Atkinson is the Founder and CEO of Huckabuy, a performance-based software for the organic search channel. Prior to Huckabuy, Geoff was the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Analytics at Overstock.com. At Overstock, he developed expertise in SEO, and managed everything from pricing algorithms to content generation, to buying rain jackets in New York City’s garment district. In 2007, he was named Advertising Age’s “Top 40 Under 40” list. Geoff now lives with his wife in Park City, UT where he loves to ski, bike, play golf, and throw tennis balls for his dog, James.
Key Discussion Points
- 3:31 – Geoff’s story of how he started Huckabuy
- 7:04 – The benefits of SEO for B2B companies
- 12:14 – How can companies get started with SEO?
- 13:59 – Why is structured data important for SEO?
- 19:09 – How Concur grew their organic traffic by 70% in six months
- 21:10 – How can companies get started with implementing structured data
- 28:07 – Geoff’s one piece of advice to businesses about SEO
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.