In December 2019, Motivo, the first platform for therapist tele-supervision, raised $2.2 million of seed financing. As the Head of Marketing of Motivo, Lauren Patrick knows first hand what it takes to grow a startup. In this episode, Lauren shares the scrappy, but effective ways she helped grow Motivo’s revenue by 200% in five months
In episode 82, you’ll learn:
- The importance of direct and personal communication with customers
- How to identify the clog in your sales funnel
- Why in-person connections and conferences are important for partnerships
Tweet Some Quotes from This EpisodeI’m a big believer that until the robots rise to power, there is no B2B or B2C. It’s all H2H – it’s human to human. – @pretty_southern from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇 Click To Tweet Having that monthly or quarterly communication really makes a big deal in terms of establishing partnerships. – @pretty_southern from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet Account-based marketing is knowing that. 80% of your revenue comes from 20% of your existing customers. – @pretty_southern from the @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode, ReferralRock, a referral program software.
ReferralRock unlocks referrals waiting to happen by automating the ask for a referral, aligning rewards and incentives, integrating viral loops to line up the next advocate.
Your customers want to refer you. Make it easy for them.
Unlock new referrals with referral program software that helps you remove roadblocks that stop customers from referring you.
Make word of mouth happen instead of hoping and waiting.
ReferralRock is used by hundreds of companies to generate more referrals, including TripAdvisor, YMCA, AT&T, and more
Sign up for a free 14-day trial or a consultative demo at referralrock.com/growthtoday
My Takeaways from This Episode
- Be human with our marketing. I love what Lauren said that until the robots rise to power, there is no B2B or B2C. It’s all H2H – it’s human to human. In other words, talk to your customers. Understand how they speak. So, when you write copy or design campaigns, you’ll be more relatable.
- Have monthly or quarterly communication to build strong partnerships. One of the big wins for the Motivo team was partnering with different associations. Lauren made sure to nurture those relationships so that when it comes time to ask for something, there’s already a relationship in place.
- Find the clog in your sales funnel. By just looking at the data and identifying the clog in the sales funnel, Lauren was able to increase Motivo’s revenue by 200% in five months.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to my guests and me. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more…
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit, and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode, so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from the UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargas from Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti from Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Jason Ng from the United States
- Anwar from Canada
- Altagracia Diaz from Canada
Thank you! 🎉
About Lauren Patrick
Lauren Patrick is the Head of Marketing at Motivo, the largest platform for therapist telesupervision. Lauren graduated from UGA’s Grady College of Journalism & Mass Communication in 2007 and worked for various print publications including The Gwinnett Daily Post, Jezebel Magazine, Naylor Publications, and AutoTrader Classics, plus managing the Services category for RaceTrac Convenience Stores. In 2010, she made her shift to the digital marketing world by launching PrettySouthern.com, an Atlanta lifestyle blog.
Key Discussion Points
- 9:31 – Lauren’s journey to becoming Head of Marketing at Motivo
- 12:06 – What is Motivo?
- 15:06 – How Lauren identified the clog in Motivo’s sales funnel
- 22:08 – Lauren’s gameplan for conferences and partnerships with associations
- 29:01 – Lauren’s one piece of advice to marketers
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.