Still trying to wrap your mind around the fast-paced world of TikTok? You’re not alone. Since its launch in 2018, TikTok has quickly become one of the hottest social media apps on the market. However, the concept for this type of app isn’t new. What makes TikTok unique is the speed at which it’s gaining popularity. In this episode, Lauren Pope, Content Manager at G2 and self-proclaimed TIkTok expert, explains how businesses can take advantage of TikTok’s popularity to grow their brand.
In episode 90, you’ll learn:
- Why businesses should be on TikTok?
- How Lauren has created videos on TikTok with millions of views
- How Washington Post is killing it on TikTok
Tweet Some Quotes from This EpisodeThe key to breaking into TikTok is to think about what problem you’re trying to solve for your audience, and then make content about that. – @G2Lauren from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇 Click To Tweet I think a lot of businesses should really pay attention to what the Washington post specifically is doing on TikTok. They are not doing like breaking news stories. They're making weird videos about office culture. – @G2Lauren from… Click To Tweet
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode, Superside.
As marketers, getting on-brand design and creative exactly when your team needs it can be painful.
It’s hard to deliver on the seemingly endless number of requests that come in from teams across your company – and prioritizing those tasks can feel impossible.
Instead of spending your time and resources on strategic projects that can positively impact the business, you find yourself mired in production-level tasks.
Your agency may be failing you with skyrocketing costs and late turnarounds while finding and managing freelancers is no longer a realistic option – there are just too many variables to manage, from sourcing to schedules, fees to the overall quality of the delivered designs.
Don’t sweat it. Just Superside it.
With Superside.com, you get a dedicated design team that understands your goals and gets trained on your brand guidelines, for the fraction of hiring a full-time designer.
Your Superside design team acts as an extension of your organization, helping you to service requests at volume and deliver on your company’s design and creative needs in a scalable, efficient way
They’ll confidently jump in at a moment’s notice to produce the on-brand work you need when you need it
Create an account and get started, or better yet, book a demo to see it in action at Superside.com.
My Takeaways from This Episode
- The key to breaking into TikTok is to think about what problem you’re trying to solve for your audience, and then make content about that.
- Pay attention to what the Washington post specifically is doing on TikTok. They are not doing like breaking news stories. They’re making weird videos about office culture.
- Consistency is key. Lauren posted everyday since October 2019; that’s how she grew her followers to 43,000.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to my guests and me. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more…
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit, and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode, so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from the UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargas from Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti from Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Jason Ng from the United States
- Anwar from Canada
- Altagracia Diaz from Canada
Thank you! 🎉
About Lauren Pope
Lauren is a Content Marketing Team Lead at G2. You can find her work featured on CNBC, Yahoo Finance, and on the G2 Learning Hub. In her free time, Lauren enjoys watching true crime shows and spending time in the Chicago karaoke scene. (she/her/hers)
Key Discussion Points
- 3:18 – Lauren Pope’s career journey
- 4:19 – Why is TikTok so popular
- 7:30 – What are some misconceptions about TikTok?
- 10:50 – Which businesses are right for TikTok?
- 14:15 – How can businesses take advantage of TikTok to grow their brand and sell more online?
- 15:31 – TikTok ads
- 22:22 – Should people be worried about their data knowing that TikTok is owned by a company based in China?
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.