It seems like product-led growth is all the rage in marketing circles these days. What does it actually look like for organizations to be product-led? That’s why Despina from ReinventGrowth.co surveyed 40 SaaS organizations and 50 executives who own or lead Product-Led Growth practices. The goal of this was to map, through real examples, Product-Led Growth techniques used and estimate how they affect the customer journey.
In episode 67, you’ll learn:
- Insights after doing research on 40+ product-led organizations
- Big roadblocks you can avoid when transitioning to product-led
- The main pillars of product-led organizations
If you enjoyed this podcast, you can support it in three ways:
- Tweeting a quote from this podcast below👇
- Joining the Growth Today Tribe for free
- Supporting me on Patreon for as little as $2 per episode
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode 42+ Agency.
I’ve known the founder of that agency for some time now – Kamil Rextin. Kamil and his team help B2B SaaS businesses:
- Streamline operations
- Implement new tech stack
- Design ABM & demand generation strategies
- Create a predictable revenue pipeline
They’ve worked with some amazing companies like Onfleet, Hubdoc, Guestlogix, Flexday and more.
Book a free road mapping session at https://fourtytwo.agency/gmt
Tweet Some Quotes from This EpisodeYou add friction the product-led process when you don't measure what you deliver. – @ReInventGrowth from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇 Click To Tweet
My Takeaways from This Episode
- Transitioning to a product-led sales approach needs to be a cross-functional effort. The product affects all functions from sales, marketing, support, customer success, design, and engineering.
- You can’t be product-led if you don’t have the right analytics in place. You need to be measuring and tracking your user’s journey from being a prospect to becoming a paying customer.
- When organizations deliver a Product-Led Growth business strategy onboarding is not only about activation. If done right it concerns the whole funnel from acquisition, retention, expansion, and more.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to me and my guests. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more..
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargasfrom Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti form Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Anwar from Canada
Thank you! 🎉
About Despina Exadaktylou
Despina is a product-led growth consultant and onboarding expert. She is the founder of ReinventGrowth.co
- 3:46 – How did Despina become a product-led growth consultant?
- 5:00 – Actionable insights that Despina found after surveying 40 product-led organizations
- 6:28 – What are unnecessary friction that marketers were adding in the customer journey?
- 10:15 – What should product-led organizations be measuring?
- 11:40 – What are the main pillars for product-led growth
- 14:45 – What should companies be doing when transitioning from sales-led to product-led?
- 16:45 – What are some misconceptions about product-led growth?
- 18:34 – Which organizations are doing a hybrid approach of sales-led and product-led onboarding?
- 20:08 – Should every company have some product-led growth strategy?
- 21:08 – What are best practices for product-led onboarding
- 23:34 – Why implementing product-led needs to be a cross-functional approach
- 23:24 – Despina’s one advice to organizations who are trying to be more product-led
- 26:34 – Where can people find Despina’s work online?
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.