How can demand generation and growth teams work together? Some might think that demand gen’s role is to just get more signups, while growth takes it from there. In this episode, Sarah Bugeja, Director of Demand Generation at Wave, shares how the demand gen and growth teams work hand-in-hand to bring in qualified leads.
In episode 80, you’ll learn:
- How demand gen and growth team work together at Wave
- What is demand gen
- How to identify channels and scale them
Tweet Some Quotes from This EpisodePeople really, really matter in whatever job you do, it isn’t about the company you work for but the people you work with. – @sarahbooj from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇 Click To Tweet The role of demand gen is bringing the right people in the door and giving them the right things at the right time. So, the integrated approach is really critical in demand gen. – @sarahbooj from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full… Click To Tweet What we were doing in paid search five years ago versus what we’re doing today has evolved dramatically, and so making sure you stay up on that and making sure you’re flexible to new ways of doing things is really important. – @sarahbooj… Click To Tweet
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode, ReferralRock, a referral program software.
ReferralRock unlocks referrals waiting to happen by automating the ask for a referral, aligning rewards and incentives, integrating viral loops to line up the next advocate.
Your customers want to refer you. Make it easy for them.
Unlock new referrals with referral program software that helps you remove roadblocks that stop customers from referring you.
Make word of mouth happen instead of hoping and waiting.
ReferralRock is used by hundreds of companies to generate more referrals, including TripAdvisor, YMCA, AT&T, and more
Sign up for a free 14-day trial or a consultative demo at referralrock.com/growthtoday
My Takeaways from This Episode
- Demand gen is beyond just bringing people in the door. Sarah points out that the role of demand gen is bringing the right people in the door and giving them the right things at the right time. So, the integrated approach is really critical in demand gen.
- Align what success means for everyone in the team. That’s what the demand gen, growth, customer success, and sales team had to do at Wave. Once they had that, they made sure that users were taking meaningful actions beyond signup.
- Keeping on learning. What we were doing in paid search five years ago versus what we’re doing today has evolved dramatically, and so making sure you stay up on that and making sure you’re flexible to new ways of doing things is really important.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to my guests and me. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more…
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit, and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode, so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from the UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargas from Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti from Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Jason Ng from the United States
- Anwar from Canada
- Altagracia Diaz from Canada
Thank you! 🎉
About Sarah Bugeja
Sarah Bugeja is the Director of Demand Generation at Wave. At Wave, Demand Generation encompasses paid marketing, search engine optimization, content marketing, design and development. Sarah’s role involves bringing these disciplines together to drive user acquisition and growth for Wave. She is big into basketball 🏀 and a huge fan of the Toronto Raptors 🏆.
Key Discussion Points
- 8:01 – Sarah’s career journey
- 13:29 – The core and crux of demand generation
- 18:53 – How do you measure the success of demand gen?
- 24:42 – How demand gen and growth work together
- 29:46 – Deciding between choosing a new channel or optimizing the current one
- 34:56 – What is demand gen?
- 39:32 – Sarah’s one piece of advice to marketers
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.