70 percent of people from all walks of life, both men and women, experience imposter syndrome at some point in their careers. With over 13 years of experience managing multi-million dollar budgets in various roles, including Geosign, Achievers, and Shopify as Head of CRO, you’d think that Tiffany Da Silva, now founder of FlowJo, chomps on imposter syndrome for breakfast and rise to the top of the corporate ladder. But, deep down, she feels like a fraud. In this episode, Tiffany shares her own experiences along with the framework and tools she uses every day to crush it and get S@# done.
In episode 74, you’ll learn:
- How Tiffany get started in SEO by building an affiliate site for men’s razor at 9 years old
- Six ways to crush imposter syndrome and get s@# done
- Why most businesses need more SEO pages and not more blog post
By the way, Tiffany is also the creator of FlowJo’s growth hacking box, a powerful little box of 100 tested and proven growth hacks for marketers, entrepreneurs, and consultants. If you’re looking for a gift for that marketer, entrepreneur, or consultant, get this cool box. She’s offering 20% off in December only for Growth Marketing Today listeners, just in time for the holidays. Go to growthtoday.fm/box and use the discount code GROWTHTODAY or find that link in the description
Tweet Some Quotes from This EpisodeResearchers found that 70% of men and women feel like an imposter. Hopefully, by sharing my story, I inspire people. – @bellastone from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇 Click To Tweet A lot of businesses are not ranking on search engines because they're only creating blog posts and not specific pages focused on keywords. – @bellastone from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet Don't rush things. Take the time to just learn now and create your own stuff – blogs, podcasts, videos. – @bellastone from the @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode, RankScience. RankScience is the easiest way to grow organic traffic and get your content ranking higher in Google.
Their AI-powered platform gives your content team superpowers and helps you get more value out of the content you’re already creating.
RankScience uses real-time search data and Natural Language Processing to help you craft content that is highly relevant to searcher intent and maps directly to what users are searching for. This allows you to optimize past blog posts and plan out and create new ones, giving you a step by step plan for easy success.
For customers with lots of landing pages, you can leverage RankScience’s SEO A/B testing platform to easily test which HTML changes cause an uplift in search traffic.
As an added bonus, their platform also allows marketers to make SEO enhancements to websites without eating up precious engineering resources.
RankScience is used by hundreds of companies to grow organic traffic, from startups to publicly traded companies. Including customers like Buildzoom, Goldbelly, Suiteness, and CareerKarma.
Sign up for a free risk-free 30-day trial at https://rankscience.com/growthtoday
My Takeaways from This Episode
- Find your shine crew. These are the people who have similar goals as you. Form a group on Slack, WhatsApp or Facebook: discuss problems, share experiences, promote each other’s content, and have honest and transparent conversations to help support one another.
- Identify people you need to cut out or ignore. Who is the villain in your life? You need to set boundaries for how you’re going to deal with them.
- Visualize your race and visualize yourself winning it. People who envision their successes tend to be the ones that outperform their peers.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to me and my guests. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more..
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargas from Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti from Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Jason Ng from United States
- Anwar from Canada
- Altagracia Diaz from Canada
Thank you! 🎉
About Tiffany Da Silva
Over the past 13 years, Tiffany Da Silva has worked in all facets of digital marketing including SEO, PPC, social media, email marketing, and conversion rate optimization.
Tiffany’s experience has exposed her to the opportunity to work on over 500 websites while managing multi-million dollar budgets. Prior to consulting, she’s worked at various startups including Geosign, Achievers & Shopify as Head of CRO. She’s also worked as a Director of Strategy at the digital marketing agency. She holds an MBA with a focus in Project Management & Ecommerce from Norwich University.
She enjoys her teaching and mentoring startups and is currently an instructor at McMaster University teaching SEO & SEM. She has also spoken at various events including PPC Hero London, Conversion Jam in Oslo & Stockholm, Unbounce’s CTA Conference, 500Startups’ “Weapons of Mass Distribution” as well as many local meetups.
- 5:27 – Tiffany’s career journey from starting an affiliate website at the age of nine to founding FlowJo.co
- 12:22 – What is FlowJo.co and how did that come about?
- 15:34 – What is imposter syndrome?
- 24:36 – How do you crush imposter syndrome?
- 41:00 – Why is it more important to create more SEO pages than blog posts?
- 48:50 – What’s on Tiffany’s bucket list?
- 51:10 – Tiffany’s one piece of advice to founders
- 53:22 – Where can you find out more about Tiffany’s work and FlowJo online?
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.