Social media advertising is a must if you’re looking to reach a new, targeted audience—fast. Of course, it can be scary to move from an organic social strategy to putting real money on the table. So, it’s important to understand all the options. In this episode, I talk to Hudaina Baig, a paid social consultant who has managed more than $30 million in ad spend.
In episode 84, you’ll learn:
- Using paid social in the five phases of marketing
- How marketing trends have changed over time
- Why customer retention can be more important compared to customer acquisition
Tweet Some Quotes from This EpisodeA lot of brands have a tendency to pursue new customers all the time. Some brands can actually make more by trying to get current customers to buy again. – @hudainabaig from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full podcast episode 👇 Click To Tweet I will only look at the mobile preview on ads to make sure that things are going smoothly. When I audit a website. The desktop is the second thing I’ll look at. – @hudainabaig from @GrowthToday podcast. Get the full episode 👇 Click To Tweet There are about 3 million advertisers across Facebook, Instagram, and messenger stories, and 500 million daily active users on just Instagram stories alone. So, there’s a huge opportunity here for us to meet our customers where they are.… Click To Tweet
Our sponsor for this episode
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode, ReferralRock, a referral program software.
ReferralRock unlocks referrals waiting to happen by automating the ask for a referral, aligning rewards and incentives, integrating viral loops to line up the next advocate.
Your customers want to refer you. Make it easy for them.
Unlock new referrals with referral program software that helps you remove roadblocks that stop customers from referring you.
Make word of mouth happen instead of hoping and waiting.
ReferralRock is used by hundreds of companies to generate more referrals, including TripAdvisor, YMCA, AT&T, and more
Sign up for a free 14-day trial or a consultative demo at referralrock.com/growthtoday
My Takeaways from This Episode
- Retention is king. A lot of brands have a tendency to pursue new customers all the time. Some brands can actually make more by trying to get current customers to buy again.
- Optimize your website and ads for mobile. Hudaina said that she will only look at the mobile preview on ads to make sure that things are going smoothly. When she audits a website, the desktop is the second thing she looks at.
- A lot of advertising is going video-first. But, experiment with different content types such as images, carousel, and a collection of ads.
Become a Patreon Supporter
I want to give my podcast fans even more exclusive access to my guests and me. Check out the Growth Today Patreon page for more details.
For as little as $2 per episode get perks like:
- Growth Today thank you note and stickers mailed to you
- Access to the private Growth Today Slack community
- Get podcast episodes at least one day earlier than the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- Listen LIVE to select podcast recording sessions (at least once a month)
- And more…
Please consider becoming a Growth Today patron today. This is a one-man show; I record, edit, and create all the marketing materials for each episode. My goal is to raise $200 per podcast episode, so I can focus on finding more amazing guests and giving you more value.
The first 20 supporters will get all the perks for 75% off. Plus, I’ll mention you in every episode for the rest of the year and podcast episodes.
Thank you to my first Patreons:
- Jamie from the United States
- Veronika from the UK
- Fabricio Marcias from Brazil
- Nicholas Vargas from Australia
- Sam Grover from New Zealand
- Joseph Valenti from Canada
- Louis Nicholls from Switzerland
- Jason Ng from the United States
- Anwar from Canada
- Altagracia Diaz from Canada
- Reginald Addae
Thank you! 🎉
About Hudaina Baig
Hudaina Baig is a seasoned marketing leader with 6+ years of experience in strategy, content development, and customer acquisition. She is an expert in paid social with $30M+ in managed ad spend experience. Hudaina is a trusted advisor with a consultative approach, effectively translating and applying complex solutions to solve business challenges and drive results.
Key Discussion Points
- 14:54 – The five phases of marketing
- 19:37 – Why it’s important to pay attention to the post-purchase process
- 24:17 – Acquiring new customers versus retaining old ones
- 29:47 – Focus on mobile marketing
- 34:10 – How to personalize content for your audience
- 43:00 – Hudaina’s advice to marketers
Join the Growth Today Tribe
Get the actionable growth cheat sheets from the latest podcast episodes. Ask questions to upcoming guests. 👇
Music By The Passion HiFi www.thepassionhifi.com.